Case Manager – Mobile Integrated Service Team Home First (Housing First)
!! Please note, resumes without cover letters will not be considered. Thank you!
apply at : https://www.indeedjobs.com/housing-works-ca?hl=en_US
Housing Works mission is to create housing and service options that model with respect and dignity, sustainable, environmentally sensitive, affordable communities with people of limited resources. Housing Works is a nonprofit corporation governed by a Board of Directors and is funded primarily through grants and private donations.
Reports: Directly to Mobile Integrated Service Team Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Coordinate and implement mental health and recovery support services with individual participants (caseload of 20- 25 families or individuals);
- Outreach to the streets, shelters, and hospitals- to engage chronically homeless persons, and using Housing First strategies and Harm Reduction- move them into permanent housing;
- Develop effective, trusting relationships with participants/tenants- with a focus on facilitating housing placement and stability, independence and maintenance of improved physical and mental health;
- Assist in the screening, assessment, and application of tenants including orientation to housing policies, resources, and goals;
- Work with each tenant to develop an individual service plan, to be reviewed and updated quarterly;
- Learn and utilize the project’s data base software; maintain up to date, accurate, and complete data and progress notes as required by the project and its funding sources;
- Assist housing management staff to fairly and effectively enforce tenant policies and rules;
- Maintain a current, thorough knowledge of community resources and utilize these to provide comprehensive services to tenants;
- Assist in involving tenants in daily activities and scheduled appointments- facilitating socialization, health maintenance, sense of community, and progress in recovery;
- Work cooperatively and cohesively with other members of the multidisciplinary team, including participation in weekly staff meetings and staff trainings;
- Articulate and implement the philosophy of Housing Works’ approach to providing services in PSH, e.g. housing first, harm reduction strategies;
- Participate with administrative staff, in program evaluation and modification;
- Clearly articulating a positive vision of Home First (Housing First) as it relates to the mission of Housing Works.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong focus on organization’s mission and commitment to a preferential option for the poor;
- Ability/willingness to work in a flexible, tolerant, diverse, community setting;
- Ability/willingness to work with individuals and families who have mental disabilities and/or substance addictions; as individuals, survivors and persons with rights, dignity, and a self-determined future;
- A minimum of 3 years full-time experience working with homeless adults, preferably those struggling with mental illness and/or substance addictions; and/or a BA or Master;
- Lessons learned from life experience count as well;
- Experience working in permanent supportive housing;
- A good sense of humor, self, confidence;
- Experience in and ability to work cooperatively and effectively with people from various class, ethnic, racial, sexual minority backgrounds;
- Ability/willingness to work/share critically and self- critically;
- Ability/willingness to work in the community and to be a fully participating staff member of a pioneering, ever-changing/responding/building/evaluating agency (i.e. minimally- flexibility in work schedule, tasks and temperament);
- Must be computer literate in word processing and database;
- Must have current, valid California Driver’s License, and a clear driving record (i.e. insurable by Housing Works);
- Preferably, have an automobile that is in good running condition and able to use for work.
Minimum of bachelor’s degree in related field and/or 3 years case management experience.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with individual skills and experience. Health benefits.